Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Red Tower


a boywith stars in his eyes met me at the subzi mandi. He was willing to carry my subzi. I ran away to the train station. The smell was horrible. So much garbage was spread all around me. The earth was yellow in colour. The sky was light blue.
Through the stinking bylanes of Garhi Village stepping on cow dung, sounds of the sewing machines, the local barber, open drains and wires swinging like gold and silver chains from each roof. I made my way with Khatti meethi (sour & sweet).


She ran like a cheetah down the Temple road. I followed her in serach of the hidden jewel. Garhi artist were busy in their production of goods whilst the stary dogs barked on the streets. Nescafe coffee Rs 10/- and i sat with a tower of evening mosqitous hovering on my head.

The guards chased me as i clicked the photo of the Red Tower and I ran away with Khatti meethi. The rickshawala with his blue checkered dhoti and muscular legs helped us escape into the narrow lanes of C block east of kailash...

No comments:

Post a Comment